More than likely Mrkx got banned due to my previous post in here.
I didnt throw him under the bus though.
I left him off the initial post because i was not going to name him without his knowledge.
I waited till he got on AIM, and i told him that i preferred if everyone just told the truth about everything.
It would help everyone involved move forward, including PSD... they needed a little help with their witch hunt anyway.
Mrkx agreed and so i went ahead and made that last post.
Here are the basic facts.
1. I did not hack into PSD, that rumor was thrown out by the Admin in order to continue slandering my name, now a good percentage of users actually believe i hacked the site.
2. Mrkx gave me his login info, i didnt steal it from him or use it without his consent. People that had been cool with me in public and via PM/AIM, had been talking lots of krap about me in the mod forum, he felt i had the right to know.
Obviously i agreed... wouldnt you, honestly?
I believed to be on good terms with some of these guys, ive seen the Admin personally instruct mods to try and "butter" people up in order to get information out of them
I wanted to make sure these people talking to me all nice... werent really doing it just to mock me or to somehow get me to spill some secret they think i have?
Its human nature to want to confront those types of things.
3. I went into the mod forum on July 18th, i read for 3 or 4 days, then started to post here and there. Im sure the Admin wants to know how long his "leak" was active... and im glad to help :D
4. I knew full well what i was doing, i didnt hide my obvious posting style, i used words Mrkx would never use, i posted in forums he never would about things he never would, i didnt try to use a proxy or any number of other ways to hide my identity.
Each mod has the ability to click on a little icon that shows a users IP on every post... it should not have taken them this long to figure it all out, i made it way too easy for them.
I even posted with one account saying one thing, then got on the other account and said the same thing in the same thread seconds later... i was sure that one would get me found out... but nope.
5. I did not make any alternate accounts.
If i didnt try to hide myself in the mod forum, im not going to start now?
I love PSD, my way too large post count proves it :D
But im not going to be making accounts just to try and still be a part of it.
6. I am not apologizing for what happened, not at all, i just dont think its that big a deal on my end.
Folks talking shit, i wanted to see why, end of story....
Im ok with getting banned, i knew it was coming one way or another and was ready for it for a while.
I only apologize to those i who feel that i betrayed their trust by logging into the mod forum.
Well those who had trust with me to begin with.
If you were in there talking trash... then there was no trust at all, just you being fake with me, so no love lost.
The rest of you, im sorry if you feel slighted, but it wasnt my aim.
I know a few feel like i crossed a line, and i have to accept that.
I would like to hear why you think my actions are bad/malicious though.
What exactly did i do (or even could have done) in the mod forum that was malicious?
If you sincerely believe that i went into the mod forum with some sort of malice behind my actions, then i cant take issue with that.
So anyone know of any good sports forum sites?
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Damn man.... you were the one who suggested I get promoted to mod and I thank you for that. I was hoping I could return the favor by helping you on your road to redemption at PSD. I thought it all started with running the latest mock offseason. But now i see why you dragged your heels and kept telling me that you wouldn't survive to see the end of it. I wish you hadn't done this. I wish you had just followed the rules.
Now to respond to a couple of things you mentioned on this blog:
1) I can't remember who started the hacking rumor but I know it wasn't Wrigs and I know that I never believed it. I could see that you were guilty of viewing the mod forum but the whole hacking thing, I thought that was too far.
2) To my knowledge the hacking rumor only existed in the mod forum until you decided to post about it here. That's when I think the rumor became public knowledge.
3) I was impressed how you didn't throw Mr. Kx under the bus in your first post. When the truth came out I applauded that you originally did that.
In conclusion I want to wish you luck in your future endeavors. Thanks for all the support man,
Bob
good sports forums, hmmm, no cant think of one. ;)
Hey ruven,
Sorry to see you go. For what it's worth, it seems to me that you've handled things fairly since your banning. Of course a lot of us wish that you hadn't broken the forum rules and all that, but I can understand why you did what you did.
The GD forum has been going to shit somewhat lately, and without you around to post cool entertainment news and political/religious views that most people don't have the insight or balls to put out there, (or the patience, for that matter) I'm afraid it's going to continue it's downward trajectory. More and more threads about testicle shaving and penile comparisons until society as we know it crumbles.
Sure, I don't agree with you on everthing (I will never, ever, like G'n'R) but you were about the most "in the know" person around, so it's a big loss as far as I'm concerned.
Let me know if you find another good home to post, because I'd like to see what you're up to down the line.
tharvey81@yahoo.com
Best,
-BullsEye
Bob:
The rules didnt matter really... i would have been banned eventually for whatever slight.
Do you think i was given a fair shake when all of this first came down?
Do you believe that they did not think the worst right away and permbanned me instead of waiting to figure things out more clearly?
I doubt that most mods would have voted to permban me "unanimously" as it was reported by Wrigs... if they knew the truth.
But they had been lead to believe that i had either hacked the site or stolen Mrkx's information, and they made their decisions with that sentiment.
Wrigs might not have started the rumor, but you cant tell me he didnt make it relevent.
One Wrigs posts that he thinks i hacked the site based on the info of another mod.... thats it.
You cant go back from that.
The image of me being a "hacker" and trying to destroy PSD got placed in the back of peoples minds.
And it served its purpose to slander my reputation and to rally quick support for my hasty permban.
The hacking rumor may not have been on PSD yet, but it was all over AIM.
People were asking me if i was hacking PSD and stuff.
Thats how i found out.
And not all of them had been mods.
People say they are surprised for stuff like not throwing Mrkx under the bus... i clearly dont get it.
Ive been on PSD for a few years, when has anyone ever said i lied to them, doublecrossed them or treated them in a way that would make people surprised for things like this?
Well other than telling Wrigs off once or twice :D
You know what?
Wrigs is a cunt. Flat out.
I don't think they know how much of a stabalizer in the Lakers forum.
And now Wrigs is deleting post that defend your name.
Wirgs, what a fuck face.
Bullseye:
Thanks for the kind words, although a have a feeling quite a bit dont share that ive taken my banning well.
But nevermind them... they would never be happy with whatever i did anyway.
I also didnt take my demoding well either they say.
It was fun reading the krap they would write in the mod forum after i got demoded.
I went back and read those threads.
A person has to know who he can trust.
You were doomed from the beginning man.
And like dude said above me, you were a breath of fresha air particularly in the Lakers and NBA forum.
"Downhill" is a good way to describe it.
Can wait to see where you pop up next man
Keep me in the know, buddy.
StevenQBosell
hey ruven why did you get demoded?
Or you looking for a something like psd for forms. i may have a site you can join.
the dates are actually staggering... july 18th is the day that DIRECT SPORTS INC. publicly announced the purchase of PSD and PSD announced to the forum the day after Ruven was perma-banned!
Oh, and as for forums, I'd be surprised if you hadn't visited this site at least once, but you might check out http://www.basketballforum.com/
I don't post there, but I browse their forums from time to time and it seems like they have a pretty good base of basketball posters. It kind of reminds me of PSD back when it was a little less popular.
Let us know where you end up!
BE
I expect one blog a day from you Ruven.
Ruven
Lakers forum is coming apart and it has become quite boring since you and couple other mods left. I will voice my concerns with the new owners.
After reading the thread about you getting banned, (By Wrigs) I could see how he wanted everyone on his side. In a way the whole thread was manipulating everyones opinions of you and when people asked for your side of the story he wouldn't allow anyone to post a link to your blog. However, I am on your side man. I trust you more than I trust him.
oh and here and there i've read about La Resistance...and Wrigs kept telling ppl to stfu about it. why so?
~hh
Post a Comment